By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. O Nabi! Be of those who protect themselves from Allah (as He will most definitely enforce the consequences of your deeds upon you)! And do not obey those who deny the knowledge of the reality and the hypocrites (the two-faced)! Indeed, Allah is the Aleem, the Hakim.
2. Follow what has been revealed (inspired) to you from your Rabb... Indeed, Allah is Habir of what you do (as their creator).
3. Place your trust in Allah! Sufficient for you is Allah, your essential reality with His Names as the Wakil.
4. Allah has not formed two hearts in any man’s chest cavity! And He has not made your partners, (whom you call your mothers and forbid to yourselves) your mothers. And He has not made your adopted sons your real sons. This is merely your baseless talk! Allah informs of the Truth and leads to the right path!
5. Address them (your adopted sons) by (the names of) their fathers... This is more just in the sight of Allah. If you do not know their fathers, then they are your brothers and friends in religion... And there is no blame upon you for that in which you erred... Except for the things you did with deliberate intention... Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
6. The Nabi is of higher priority to the believers than their own selves! His spouses are their (the believers’) mothers! And relatives are of higher priority in Allah’s Book (in terms of inheritance) than (other) believers and emigrants... Except the good you do for your friends in the way of religion... This is a law from the revealed knowledge.
7. And We took a pledge from the Nabis: from you, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus, the son of Mary... We took a solemn covenant from them.
8. So that the truthful may be questioned of their Truth (so that they may be tried)... And He has prepared a severe suffering for those who deny the knowledge of the reality.
9. O believers... Remember the blessing of Allah upon you... When armed forces (in the Battle of the Trench) came to you and We disclosed a storm and invisible forces upon them... Allah is Basir of what you do (as their creator).
10. And when they came to you from above and from below... And your eyes shifted and your hearts reached your throats! You were in various assumptions about Allah.
11. There the believers were tried and severely shaken.
12. And the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is disease (devoid of healthy thought) said, “Allah and His Rasul have not promised us anything except delusion.”
13. And a group of them said, “O people of Yasrib (the previous name of Medina)! There is no place here for you to stay, go back!” And another group asked permission of the Nabi saying, “Indeed, our houses are unprotected”... While they (their houses) were not unprotected... They wanted nothing other than to flee.
14. If their houses were forcefully entered upon from all its (the city’s) surrounding and they were required to turn back from their religion, they (the hypocrites) would surely have done so...
15. Indeed, they had promised Allah before that they would not turn their backs and flee... And a promise made to Allah will be questioned (its consequence will be inescapably experienced)!
16. Say, “If you are trying to flee from death or from being killed, your fleeing will be of no benefit to you... Even if you were to escape, your gain will be near to nothing (as the life of the earthly life is so very short)!”
17. Say, “Who can protect you against (the will of) Allah if He wills (to manifest) a bad thing on you or (wills to manifest) grace?” They cannot find a friend or a helper besides Allah.
18. Allah already knows those among you who cause obstruction and say to the people, “(Leave the Rasul and) come to us!” Only a few of them come to battle anyway.
19. They are stingy (two-faced) towards you! When the fear of battle – death – comes, you will see them looking at you, their eyes turned like someone overcome by the fear of death... And when their fear passes, greedy for acquisitions, they will hurt you with their sharp tongues... They are not believers! And so Allah has rendered their deeds worthless... This is easy for Allah.
20. They think the confederates (Ahzab – supporting forces in combat) have not gone... If the confederates should come, they would prefer to stay in the desert with the Bedouins, contending themselves with your news! Even if they were among you, they would take very little part in fighting.
21. Indeed, there is a perfect example in the Rasul of Allah for those who hope for Allah and the eternal life to come, and remember Allah much!
22. When the believers see the confederates (Ahzab – groups that come as reinforcement) they say, “This is the promise of Allah and His Rasul... Allah and His Rasul have told the truth”... This only increases them in faith and submission.
23. Among the believers are men who have kept their word to Allah... They had pledged their life and they fulfilled it (they tasted death for the cause of Allah)... and some who are still waiting (to fulfill it)... They did not change (their stance)!
24. Thus, Allah will reward the devout (the truthful; those who confirm the reality) due to their truthfulness (their pure and sincere belief) and subject the hypocrites to suffering if He wills, or accept their repentance. Indeed, Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
25. Allah repelled those who deny the knowledge of the reality with their own rage, having not attained any good! And sufficient was Allah for the believers in battle... Allah is the Qawwi, the Aziz.
26. He brought down from their fortresses those who supported them among the People of the Book, and cast worry into their hearts... You killed a group of them, and took captive another.
27. He made you inheritors of their land, homes, properties and a land that you have never trodden... Allah is Qadir over all things.
28. O Nabi... Tell your partners, “If you want the adornments of the worldly life, then come, let me give you your compensation for separation, and set you free graciously.”
29. “But if you desire Allah and His Rasul and the eternal life to come, then indeed, Allah has prepared for the doers of good among you women (who have turned to Allah as though they can see Him) a great reward.”
30. O wives of the Nabi... Whoever among you should commit a clear immorality – an act of transgression – the punishment will be two-fold! This is easy for Allah.
31. And whoever among you obeys Allah and His Rasul and fulfilles the requisites of their faith, We will give their reward twice... We have prepared a generous – abundant – life sustenance for them.
32. O wives of the Nabi... You are not like any other women! If you want to be protected, do not talk flirtatiously (with men)! Lest the inconsiderate one in whose heart there is sickness should become hopeful! Speak with appropriate speech to avoid misunderstandings!
33. Stay in your homes... Do not walk (flirtatiously) like the women in the former times of ignorance, revealing yourselves (to provoke and entice)... Establish salat, give alms and obey Allah and His Rasul! O people of the (Rasul’s) household, Allah only wants to remove impurity (all restrictions pertaining to worldly and bodily addictions) from you and purify you!
34. Remember (recite) the verses of Allah in your homes and what has been informed of wisdom... Indeed, Allah is the Latif, the Habir.
35. Indeed, for men who have accepted Islam and women who have accepted Islam, believing men and believing women, obedient men and obedient women, truthful men and truthful women, patient men and patient women, men in awe (of the reality) and women in awe, charitable men and charitable women, men that experience fasting and women that experience fasting, men who guard their chastity and women who guard their chastity, men who remember Allah much and women who remember Allah much – Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward.
36. When Allah and His Rasul make a judgment regarding an affair, believing men and women have no choice in their own affair! Whoever disobeys Allah and His Rasul, they have clearly plunged into a corrupt faith!
37. And recall when you told the one to whom Allah and you bestowed favor (the Rasul’s adopted son, Zayd), “Keep your wife and protect yourselves from Allah,” but you were concealing within your thoughts that which Allah was to disclose, and you feared the people (would misunderstand and turn away from the way of Allah)! (Whereas) Allah has more right to be feared! When Zayd divorced her, We married her (Zaynab) to you, so that there may be no discomfort or obstacle upon the believers concerning marrying the ex-wives of their adopted sons once their relationship ends... The command of Allah is fulfilled!
38. There is no responsibility upon the Nabi about that which Allah has imposed upon him! Such was also the sunnatullah for those who came before him... The command of Allah is a decreed (planned) destiny (its fulfillment is definite)!
39. They (the Rasuls) convey the risalah (the knowledge of the reality) of Allah, they are in awe of Him and they are not in awe of anyone but Him... Sufficient is Allah as the Hasib!
40. Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men... But he is the Rasul of Allah, the final of Nabis (the summit of perfection – the final one)... Allah is Aleem over all things (in respect of the mystery of the letter B).
41. O believers! Remember Allah much!
42. Glorify (tasbih) Him morning and evening (constantly)!
43. It is HU who reflects upon you and His angels (the forces of His Names), to bring you out of the darkness (of your formed illusory identities)into the Nur (life based on the knowledge of the reality)! And is ever, Rahim to those who believe in their essential reality.
44. Their greeting when they unite with Him (through death) is “Salam”... And He has prepared a generous – noble – reward for them.
45. O Nabi... Indeed, We disclosed you as a witness, a giver of good news and a warner;
46. As a source of light who calls to (the reality of) Allah with His permission!
47. So give the good news to the believers that there is a great bounty for them from Allah!
48. And do not follow those who deny the knowledge of the reality and the hypocrites! Do not heed their persecutions! Place your trust in Allah! Sufficient for you is Allah, your essential reality with His Names, as the Wakil.
49. O believers! When you marry believing women and then divorce them without having touched them, you have no right to determine a waiting period concerning them... Immediately pay their separation compensation and release them with ease.
50. O Nabi! We have made exclusively lawful for you, your wives to whom you have given their dowries, as well as what your right hand possesses (bondmaids) from among the captives of war whom Allah has bestowed upon you; and the daughters of your paternal uncles and aunts, the daughters of your maternal uncles and aunts, who have migrated with you; and any believing woman who has granted herself to the Nabi, provided the Nabi also wants to marry her... This does not apply to the other believers... We know exactly what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and their bondmaids... (We explain this) in order that there may be no blame upon you... Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
51. You may put aside whom you will of them and take for yourself whom you will... And there is no blame on you if you take (again) one (whose turn) you put aside... This is most appropriate so that they may be comforted and not grieve and that they may be well pleased with what you give them... Allah knows what is in your hearts... Allah is the Aleem, the Halim.
52. No (other) women after this is lawful to you... You cannot exchange them for other wives even if their beauty is pleasing to you! Except for your bondmaids... Allah is Raqib over all things.
53. O believers... Do not enter the house of the Nabi unless you are permitted for a meal... (And not) without waiting (for the meal) to be ready... But go when you are invited, and after you have your meal, leave without lingering in idle talk... For this (reckless behavior of yours) distresses the Nabi, yet he is hesitant to tell you (for he does not want to hurt you), but Allah does not hesitate to disclose the truth! And when you ask (his wives) for something ask them from behind a curtain... This is purer for your hearts and their hearts... It is not conceivable for you to distress the Nabi, or marry his wives after him, ever... Indeed, this is grave in the sight of Allah.
54. Whether you reveal something or conceal it, Allah is most definitely Aleem over all things (as their creator).
55. There is no blame upon them for appearing before their fathers, sons, brothers, nephews, other believing women and their maids... Protect yourselves from Allah... Indeed, Allah is a witness over all things!
56. Indeed, Allah and His angels bestow blessings upon the Nabi... O believers, send blessings (turn to) him and greet him in submission!
57. As for those who cause distress to Allah and His Rasul, Allah has cursed them in the world and the eternal life to come, and prepared a degrading suffering for them.
58. As for those who cause distress to believing men and believing women by accusing them of things they have not done, they have indeed taken upon themselves (the responsibility of) slander and an obvious error.
59. O Nabi! Tell your wives, daughters and the wives of the believers to wear their outer garments... This will enable them to be recognized and thus not abused... Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
60. If the two-faced, those with sickly thoughts and those who are spreading rumors in Medina do not desist, We will indeed send you upon them and then they will be only remain as your neighbors for a short while.
61. Accursed, wherever they are found, they will be seized and killed.
62. Such was also the way of the sunnatullah for those who passed on before them... And there is no change in the sunnatullah!
63. People ask you about the Hour (of death)... Say, “Its knowledge is with Allah alone”... Who knows? Perhaps the hour is close!
64. Indeed, Allah has cursed those who have denied the knowledge of the reality and prepared for them a blazing fire.
65. They will abide therein eternally... And they will not find any friend or helper.
66. At the time when their faces (consciousness) are turned into fire (burning in remorse) they will say, “Woe to us! If only we had obeyed Allah; if only we had obeyed the Rasul.”
67. And they shall say, “Our Rabb... Indeed we followed our leaders and elders, but they lead us astray from the path (of the Truth).”
68. “Our Rabb, give them double suffering and curse them with a mighty curse.”
69. O believers! Do not be like those who caused distress to Moses! Allah cleared Moses of their allegations... He submitted himself in the sight of Allah.
70. O believers! Protect yourselves from Allah (His system by which He will enforce upon you the consequences of your deeds) and speak the solid truth!
71. (So that Allah) may correct your actions and cover your mistakes... Whoever obeys Allah and His Rasul has indeed attained a great success.
72. Indeed, we offered the Trust (living consciously of the Names) to the heavens (consciousness of the self, ego) and the earth (the body) and the mountains (the organs), and they declined to bear it (their Name compositions did not have the capacity to manifest it) and feared it; but Man (the consciousness to manifest the Names that compose vicegerency) undertook to bear it. Indeed, he is unjust (insufficient in duly living his reality) and ignorant (of the knowledge of His infinite Names).
73. Allah will cause suffering to hypocrite men and women, and dualist men and women, and accept the repentance of the believing men and women... Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.