By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Say (recognize, realize, comprehend, experience): “I seek refuge in the Rabb (the reality of the Names comprising the essence) of the Nas (mankind).”
2. “The Sovereign of man,” (The Malik, the One whose sovereignty and administration is absolute over Nas, mankind.)
3. “The God of man,” (The reality of Uluhiyya that resides within the essence of every human, with which he subsists his existence, and mistakenly thinks this state pertains to a god outside of himself!)
4. “From the evil of the whisperer that covertly pervades then retreats, and reduces man to corporeality.”
5. “That which whispers illusory thoughts into man’s consciousness about man’s essential reality.”
6. “From among the jinni (invisible forces) and man!”