By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. By those disclosed one after another;
2. That blow about violently;
3. Who bring to life and cause to rise;
4. Who choose and separate;
5. And those who disclose the reminder (the forces that manifest in consciousness; the Exalted Assembly [Mala-i Ala]. The word ‘ilqa’ or ‘liqa’ [disclosure] is like ‘nafh’ [breath] in that it goes outward from within; it is an explicit projection experienced in the consciousness. In the sequence: the Hidden [Reflection of Attributes], the Secret [Reflection of Names], the Spirit [Fuad: Reflectors of the Names], the Heart [Consciousness] and the Self [Identity – Individual consciousness]. It looks to the reflections from the spirit to the heart. ‘Vicegerent’ [Khalifa] – ‘Man’ is the totality of all of these states or one who incorporates all of these states is called a true ‘Man’).
6. To excuse (pardon misdeeds) or to warn.
7. What you are promised will definitely be fulfilled!
8. When the stars are extinguished,
9. And the sky is split open,
10. And the mountains are blown away,
11. And the Rasuls (not the Nabis) take their new positions.
12. For which day were they postponed?
13. For the time of sorting!
14. And do you know what the time of sorting is?
15. Woe to those who denied (life after death) at that time!
16. Did We not destroy the former people?
17. Then We will make the later ones follow them (they too will be destroyed).
18. Thus do We deal with the guilty!
19. Woe to the deniers at that time!
20. Did We not create you from a simple water?..