By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Rahman (the possessor of all of the qualities referenced by the Beautiful Names),
2. Taught the Quran (formed the qualities pertaining to the dimension of Names).
3. Created man,
4. And taught him eloquence (manifested the Names on man) (as Hadhrat Ali says, “Man became a talking Quran.”);
5. The Sun (comprehension) and the Moon (emotion – feeling) are with a measure (in levels).
6. The star (ideas) and the tree (the body) are in prostration (in a state of nonexistence in the sight of the Names).
7. He has raised the heaven (consciousness; from the level of the self-accusing self [nafs-i lawwama] to the level of the pleasing self [nafs-i mardhiya]) and established a balance (the ability to live in balance of unity and multiplicity).
8. That you do not do injustice to that balance (so that you do not go to extreme in one and thus be deprived of the other).
9. Evaluate justly (according to the laws of Uluhiyyah) and do not become losers by failing to live by that balance!
10. And upon the earth (the body) He formed the creatures (the micro-universe)!
11. Therein (on earth) is a fruit (man), like palm trees (brain) full of sheathed clusters (ready and receptive)!
12. And sprouted grains (blossoming observations of the reality) and pleasantly scented plants (behaviors pertaining to the reality of man).
13. So, which of the favors of your Rabb (the Names comprising your essence – your consciousness and body) will you deny?
14. He created man (the body) from processed dry clay (the formation of the cellular structure).
15. And He created the jann (the invisible beings; the jinn) from a smokeless flame of fire (radiation, radiant energy, electromagnetic wave body).
16. So, which of the favors of your Rabb (the Names comprising your essence – your consciousness and body) will you deny?
17. He is the Rabb of the two easts (the world and the eternal life after death) and the Rabb of the two wests (the world and the dimension of the grave).
18. So, which of the favors of your Rabb (the Names comprising your essence – your consciousness and body) will you deny?
19. He let loose the two seas (angelic and animalistic tendencies; the universal consciousness and the individual consciousness); they meet together.
20. Yet between them is a barrier; which they do not transgress (both fulfill their own functions within their own field).