By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Alif, Lam, Meem! (His knowledge in His knowledge with His knowledge!)
2. Do people think they can get away with just saying, “We believe” and not be confronted with who they really are through trial!
3. Indeed, those before them were also tested with objects of trial... Allah (not an external god-deity but their very essential reality) certainly knows and will expose those who are truthful (to their word) and those who are liars.
4. Or do those who do bad deeds think they can outrun Us... What bad judgment they have!
5. Whoever hopes to meet with Allah (to experience the manifestations of the One referenced as ‘Allah’ in one’s consciousness, according to one’s natural disposition), indeed (let them know that) the term of the bodily life, which is also Allah’s discretion, will come to an end! HU is the Sami, the Aleem. (This definition at the end of the verse points to the ‘incomparability’ [tanzih] of Allah through HU, and the ‘similarity’ [tashbih] quality of Allah by giving references to His Names, in order to form a non-dual unified view for the reader, according to my understanding.)
6. So, whoever strives with determination (to live this faith; this reality) strives only for his own being. (The greatest Jihad [strife] is the one done against one’s self!) Indeed, Allah is Ghani from the worlds (in terms of His Absolute Essence, Allah is free from being conditioned and limited by the manifested compositions of His Names)!
7. As for those who believe and fulfill the requisites of their faith, surely We will erase their bad deeds (the traits of their ego) from them and reward them with the best of their deeds!
8. And We have enjoined upon man to be kind to his mother and father... But if they bid you to associate with Me that which goes against your knowledge, then do not obey them! To Me is your return... I will inform you of (the meanings of) your deeds.
9. As for those who believe and fulfill the requisites of their faith, surely We will include them among the righteous.
10. And there are some among the people who say, “We believe in Allah, our essence with His Names,” but when they encounter hardship in the way of Allah they mistake the provocation of man for the punishment of Allah. And if victory comes to them from their Rabb, they say, “We were really with You.” Does Allah (as the creator with His Names) not know better what is in the breasts (the brains of people)?
11. Surely Allah knows those who believe, and those who are hypocrites (the two-faced who use their intellect in favor of their vested interests rather than for the sake of the Truth).
12. Those who deny the knowledge of the reality say to the believers, “Follow our understanding and we will bear your mistakes (sins)!” The deniers cannot bear the responsibility of their mistakes... Indeed, they are liars.
13. They will indeed bear their own burdens and (other) burdens along with their own... And they will definitely be held responsible for their fabricated ideas during the Doomsday period.
14. And We have disclosed Noah to his people and he stayed for a thousand years less fifty among them! But the deluge overtook them upon their wrongdoing.
15. We saved him and the people of the ark, and made it an exemplary lesson for the people...