4. An-Nisa (1-93)
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. O mankind, protect yourselves from your Rabb, who created you from a single self (there is only a single concept of ‘self’ inherent in the totality of all the brains. Depending on the different expressions of the brain this single self varies in attributes and becomes multiple ‘selves,’ i.e. constructed identities. The original self, however, remains as one, the primary I) and from it, its spouse (the bodily self) and produced from them many men and women and spread them (throughout the earth)! Protect yourselves from Allah (the Names comprising one’s essential reality), in whose favor and in the favor of the Rahim (the reality of man formed by the dimension of Names) you ask of one another. For, Allah, with His Names, keeps you under His control (the Raqib) at all times.
2. Give the orphans their properties; do not exchange purity (of your essential reality) to filth (of the ego). Do not consume their properties by mixing them with your own. Indeed, that is a big crime.
3. If you do not have fear dealing justly with orphans (women), then marry those that are clean (of duality) two, or three, or four. But if you fear that you may not be just among them, then (suffice) with one or with what you have in your hands. (Do not live together out of wedlock.) This is the most suitable option to avoid injustice.
4. Give the dowry (marriage gift) to women with love. If they willingly and benevolently give a portion of it back to you, then accept it wholeheartedly.
5. Do not give or entrust your possessions that Allah gave to your management to the dissolute (limited in understanding, the unthinking). But provide for them from it, clothe them and give them beneficial advice.
6. Look out for and test the orphans until they reach a marriageable age. If you see that they are mature enough, then give their properties back to them. Do not hasten to consume their property by wasteful spending in fear that they will grow up and take ownership. Let the wealthy one be modest (and refrain from consuming the properties of orphans) and the needy one take only as much is customary (without exceeding the boundary). And let there be witnesses (for the evaluation of your actions) when you return their properties back to them. Sufficient for you is the quality of the Name Hasib from the Names of Allah that comprise your essence.
7. There is a share for men of what parents and relatives leave behind (with death). There is also a share for women of what parents and relatives leave behind, be it little or much, this is a share decreed by Allah.
8. And if relatives, orphans and the needy (who aren’t entitled for any share in an inheritance) are present during the distribution, treat them with kindness and provide a small portion for them as well...
9. Let them be concerned by Allah just as they would feel concern for their dependent children, if they were to leave them behind. Let them fear Allah and boldly speak the truth.
10. Indeed, those who consume the properties of the orphans are only filling their bellies with fire! A blazing fire is where they will end up.