By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. O Nabi! Why do you forbid yourself from what Allah had made permissible to you, seeking to please your wives? Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
2. Allah has ordained you to resolve your oaths (by paying compensation)! Allah is your protector. He is the Aleem, the Hakim.
3. And remember when the (final) Nabi confided a secret to one his wives (Hafsa [r.a.]) and she informed the other (Aisha [r.a.]) and Allah showed it to him (Rasulullah saw), he made known a part of it and avoided mentioning a part. Then when he told this to his wife (Hafsa [r.a.]), she said, “Who told you this?” and he said, “The One who is Aleem and Habir.”
4. If you both (Aisha [r.a.] and Hafsa [r.a.]) repent to Allah (it is best), or your hearts will have deviated (from the Truth)... But if you cooperate against him, indeed Allah is his protector, and Gabriel, and the righteous among the believers (Aisha’s father Abu Bakr [r.a.], Hafsa’s father Omar [r.a.]) and the angels are also his helpers.
5. Were he to divorce you, his Rabb may well replace you with better wives, who have submitted, who believe, obey, repent, worship, who are given to fasting (from worldly things), both previously married and virgins.
6. O you who have believed! Protect yourselves (nafs) and your close ones (the correspondent of your body in the future) from the Fire whose fuel is people and stones (idols and other inanimate objects of worship), over which are angels (of hell), who are powerful, harsh and severe and who do not disobey Allah in what He commands them, but do as they are commanded.
7. (The keepers of Hell will say), “O you who have denied the knowledge of the reality! There is no room for excuse today! You are only living the consequences of your own doings!”
8. O believers! Repent to Allah with a sincere, genuine repentance. Perhaps your Rabb will cover your bad deeds and admit you to Paradises underneath which rivers flow. He will not disgrace the Nabi and those who believed with him at that time. Their Nur (light of knowledge) will race before them and on their right. They will say, “Our Rabb... Perfect our Nur (increase the scope of our observation) and forgive us... Indeed, you are Qadir over all things.”
9. O Nabi! Strive with those who deny the knowledge of the reality and the two-faced (hypocrites), and be firm and uncompromising towards them. Their abode is Hell. What a wretched place of return!
10. Allah gives the example of the wives of Lot and Noah to those who deny the knowledge of the reality... (Both those women) were under (the marriage of) two of Our righteous servants. But they (the wives) betrayed them, so they (Lot and Noah) could not repel anything (coming) from Allah from them (their wives). (Both those women were told), “Enter the Fire along with the others!”
11. And Allah gives the example of Pharaoh’s wife (as a lesson). She (Asiya) said, “My Rabb, build for me in Your sight a house in Paradise! Save me from Pharaoh and his deeds! Save me from the wrongdoing people!”
12. And (the example of) Mary, the daughter of Imran, who protected her chastity so We breathed (manifested) from Our spirit into her. She confirmed her Rabb’s existence with His Names in His Words (manifestations) and His Books (knowledge) and was of those who submitted and obeyed.