- Abdullah bin Amr narrated:
"The Rasul of Allah (saw) came out to us with two books in his hand. And he said: 'Do you know what these two books are?' We said: 'No, O Rasul of Allah! Unless you inform us.' He said about the one in his right hand: 'This is a book from the Rabb of the worlds, in it are the names of the people of Paradise, and the names of their fathers and their tribes. Then there is a summary at the end of them, there being no addition to them nor deduction from them forever.' Then he said about the one in his left hand: 'This is a book from the Rabb of the worlds, in it are the names of the people of Fire, and the name of their fathers and their tribes. Then there is a summary at the end of them, there being no addition to them nor deduction from them forever.' The companions said: 'So why work O Rasul of Allah! Since the matter is already decided and over?' He said: 'Seek to do what is right and draw nearer, for indeed the inhabitants of Paradise, shall have their work sealed off with the deeds of the people of Paradise. And indeed, the inhabitant of Fire, shall have their work sealed off with the deeds of the people of Fire.' Then the Rasul of Allah motioned with his hands, casting them down and said: 'Your Rabb has finished with the servants, a group in Paradise, and a group in the Blazing Fire.'”
- Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated that the Rasul of Allah (saw) said:
Nobody can enter paradise through their good deeds or prayers. Thereupon his companions asked, “Not even you o Rasul of Allah?” “Not even me!” said the Rasul of Allah, “I shall only enter paradise through the mercy of Allah. So, stay away from going to extremes in your work and worship.”
- If We had so willed, We could have enabled every being (illusory self; ego) to realize its essential reality, but My word: “I will surely fill Hell (the conditions to manifest the specific configuration of the qualities of the Names that result in an infernal state of life) with jinn and man all together” is in effect. (Quran 32:13)
- Those who don't have faith in vicegerency are of the humanoids, they think they are only their body and live a life based totally on bodily wants and needs.
- Those who feel like they are a vicegerent must live according to the morals of Allah, their end will be Paradise.