In 1972, I explained in my book Spirit Man Jinn what the spirit is, how it’s formed and why reincarnation isn’t possible. More information can be obtained from there, for now I’ll only a share a few points.
The spirit of each person is formed by the brain in the mother’s womb as a result of certain cosmic effects, and at the time of death, it departs from the body and continues its life in its own dimension.
“When death comes to one of them, he says, “My Rabb, send me back (to the worldly life) so that I might do righteousness in that which I left behind (i.e. a faithful life that I did not heed or give importance to; the potential that I did not utilize and activate).” No! (It is impossible to go back!) His words are invalid! (His request is unrecognized in the system) and behind them is a barrier (an isthmus; a difference of dimension) until the Day they are resurrected (they cannot go back; reincarnation, being re-born for another worldly life, is not possible!).” (Quran 23: 99-100)
“None shall be brought back after death” (Hadith)
The verses and hadith make it evident there is no return to the worldly life after experiencing death.
The Rasul of Allah (saw), in terms of being Allah’s vicegerent (caliphate), was already determined in the knowledge of Allah as the composition and manifestation of Allah’s names, before Adam was created.
That is, Rasulullah (saw), the caliphate of Allah, was the first created meaning in Allah’s knowledge, though he was the last Nabi that became manifest on earth. The reality of Muhammad (saw) was first created in a perfect fashion in Allah’s knowledge, then Adam was formed from earth. Earth denotes the human body, that we perceive with our five senses and its water and mineral-based makeup.
This earthly makeup, comprised of water and minerals, works like a bioelectric factory; it converts the liquid and solid input into bioelectric energy and sends it to the brain. The brain works like a microcomputer; it receives the bioelectric energy and converts its data into a radial type of energy, which forms the holographic body called ‘spirit’ and also radiates this energy to its surroundings.
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Indeed, the believers are liberated!
2. They (the believers) are in the experience of duly observing Allah in their prayer (salat);
3. They turn away from empty discourse and engagements;
4. They do whatever is necessary to cleanse and purify (zakat);
5. They protect their sexual organs from relationships out of wedlock,
6. Except from their spouses or what their right hands possess... For they are not condemned.
7. So, whoever wants more than this (with alternative sexual desires) they are the very transgressors.
8. Those (believers) are faithful to what they have been entrusted with and true to their word.
9. They observe their prayers (salat; their introspection toward – observation of Allah is constant).
10. They are the inheritors!
11. And they, who have inherited Paradise, will live therein forever.
12. Indeed, We have created man from a line (sperm; a genetic formation) of wet clay (a mixture of clay, water and minerals).
13. Then We placed him as a drop in a safe place.
14. Then We developed that drop into an embryo (a genetic form) and then into a lump of flesh, and then We developed them into bones, and then finally clothed the bones with flesh... Then We composed him with a new creation (by forming the spirit)... Exalted is Allah, the most beautiful of Creators!
15. After this, surely you will die (and move on to a life without a biological body).