Laa ilaaha illaa anta subḥaanaka innee kuntu mina l-ẓaalimeen (Quran 21:87)
There is no deity-god (there is no ‘me’) only You (the Names comprising my essential reality)! I glorify You (through my function that manifests Your Names)! Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.
The Rasul of Allah (saw) says:
“When Jonah (as) was in the belly of the fish he prayed, ‘LAA ILAAHA ILLAA ANTA SUBHAANAKA INNEE KUNTU MINA L-ZAALIMEEN’. There is no Muslim who makes this prayer in regards to a situation and Allah does not accept his prayer.”
As mentioned in the Quran, in the 87th verse of chapter al-Anbiya, Jonah (as) was forgiven for a mistake he had made after continually making this prayer. Then he reached a state where he guided a community of over 100 thousand people to the right path.
Anyone who feels like Jonah, entrapped in the belly of this world, should read this prayer for relief and deliverance.
Reciting this prayer 300 times a day, which is a part of the formula I will provide in the following chapters, yields enormous benefits. Definitely continue doing so!
Rabbi la tadharnee fardan wa anta khayru l-waaritheena (Quran 21:89)
My Rabb... Do not leave me on my own in life (grant me an heir)! You are the best of heirs.
Zachariah (as) had grown old, but still did not have any children… So he prayed to his Rabb with the verse above and his prayer was accepted; he was bestowed with a son whom he called John.
This was the John who gave the good news of the coming of Jesus (as)…
Those who want to have children should recite this verse. The most effective way to do so is by performing the salat called ‘Hajat’ after midnight, and then repeating this prayer 1,000 times for a number of successive nights.
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. The time for the people to see the consequences of their deeds has drawn near! Yet they are in a heedless state within their cocoons!
2. They listen to every new admonition from their Rabb in mockery!
3. They are consumed by entertainment! Those who wrong themselves whisper among one another, “Is he not a mortal like you? Will you succumb to his magical words when you can see the truth of it?”
4. (Rasulullah saw) says, “My Rabb knows what is spoken in the heavens and the earth... He is the Sami and the Aleem.”
5. And they say, “He only talks of delusive dreams! He is probably making them up... No, he is a poet! (If this isn’t the case, then) let him show his miracle as did the Rasuls before him!”
6. None of the people of the cities We destroyed before them had believed... So, how will these believe?
7. And We did not disclose anyone to them with a revelation before you, other than men... If you do not know, then ask those who possess knowledge of the past.
8. And We did not form them (the Nabis and Rasuls) with bodies that did not need any food! Nor were they to live forever!
9. Then We fulfilled Our promise to them and We saved them and those We willed to save, and destroyed those who exceeded their bounds.
10. Indeed, We have revealed Knowledge to you in which there is remembrance (of your essential reality) for you! Do you not understand?
11. We have destroyed many wrongdoing communities and formed new communities after them.
12. When they feel Our intensity, behold, they begin to flee!
13. “Do not flee, but turn back to the places in which you became spoilt so that you may be questioned.”
14. They said, “Woe to us! We have indeed become wrongdoers!”
15. And they continued to argue... Until We turned them into mowed crop and extinguished fire.
16. And We did not create the heaven and the earth and everything in between them as a game (they have great functions)!
17. If Our wish was to create games and entertainment, surely We would have done so from within Our Own ladun. But this isn’t what We do!
18. On the contrary, We bring the Truth (the reality) down upon falsity (delusive ideas) and crush to pieces its system of thought... And behold, it will be destroyed and gone... Woe to you for the things you describe!
19. And whoever is in the heavens and the earth is for Him (to manifest His Names)! And those who are with Him are neither egotistic nor full of self-importance, nor do they grow weary!
20. The night and the day they glorify (tasbih) Him (by fulfilling their creational purpose) continually!