Sufficient for me is Allah! There is no god, only HU! I have placed my trust in Him... HU is the Rabb of the Great Throne!
If you’ve been unjustly afflicted with a situation, recite this prayer 500 or 1,000 times a day; inshaAllah, you will be delivered from that situation in no time.
Abraham (as) was the first to make this prayer. When he was captured by the Pharaoh and cast into the fire, the angel Gabrielcame to him while he was still in the air and asked him, “O Abraham, what can I do for you?” Abraham responded, “I’ve placed my trust in Allah; He is sufficient for me. There is no god, only HU, I’ve left my affairs to Him, He is the Rabb of the great Throne…” At this point a miracle occurred and he fell into the fire ever so softly, yet the fire did not burn him… For, as the Quran states, the fire cooled down with the command of Allah and became a place of proximity to Abraham’s essential reality (where the name Salam became manifest). This is the kind of miracle effect this verse has.
Regarding this prayer, the Rasul of Allah (saw) says:
“Whoever says, ‘Sufficient for me is Allah! There is no god, only HU! I have placed my trust in Him... HU is the Rabb of the Great Throne!’ in the morning and at night, whether they mean it or not, upon saying it seven times, Allah will be sufficient for them…”
Take heed! This hadith is pointing to the system of Allah, the system referenced by the verse, ‘You will never find an alteration in the sunnatullah (system of Allah)!’
When you engage in certain prayers and dhikrs, whether you believe in them or not, that practice activates the relevant mechanism and inevitably produces an outcome. This hadith proves this point. So, even if you do not believe in this system, pursue its practice for some time and you will definitely see results.
May Allah enable us to attain the meaning of this prayer and allow us to make this prayer.
1. An ultimatum this is, from Allah and His Rasul, to the dualists with whom you made a treaty!
2. Travel upon the earth for four months... But know well that you can never render Allah powerless... Indeed, Allah will (eventually) disgrace those who deny the knowledge of the reality.
3. A call (adhan) from Allah and His Rasul to the people on the day of the Great Pilgrimage, that Allah and His Rasul are free from the dualists! If you repent, it is better for you... But if you turn away, know well that you cannot render Allah impotent... Give the tidings of a painful end to the deniers of the reality.
4. Except those, among the dualists with whom you made a treaty, who did not let you down (who honored the treaty) and who did not support anyone against you... Fulfill your word to them until the end of the term (of the treaty). Indeed, Allah loves those who protect themselves.
5. When the sacred months are over, kill the dualists (who break the treaty and attack you) wherever you find them. Take them captive and besiege them and watch for them, taking control of all the gateways and passages! If they repent and establish salat and give alms then clear their way... Indeed, Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
6. If one of the dualists surrenders and seeks your protection, then take him into your protection so (he may be closer to you and) he may hear the word of Allah, then deliver him to a place of safety... This is (what you must do) because they are a people who do not know (the reality).
7. How can the dualists have a treaty in the sight of Allah and His Rasul, except those with whom you made a treaty at al-Masjid al-Haram? So long as they uphold their word toward you, be upright toward them... Indeed, Allah loves those who submit to His command and who protect themselves from His punishment.
8. How (can there be a treaty with them)? If they gained dominance over you they would not have observed any oath or treaty concerning you! They satisfy you with their words, but refuse with their hearts! Most of them are corrupted in faith!
9. They exchanged the signs of Allah for a small price (worldly pleasures) and prevented people from His way. How wretched is what they do!
10. They observe neither treaty nor covenant where believers are concerned! They are the very transgressors!
11. If they repent, establish salat, and give alms, they are your brothers in Religion... Thus We clarify Our signs for a people who know.
12. But if they break their oath after pledging it and denigrate your Religion, then kill the leaders of unbelief (the coverers of the reality)... For they have no regard for their oaths... Perhaps they will desist.
13. Will you not fight with those who have broken their oaths, banished the Rasul from his homeland and who are the first to attack you? Do you fear them? Surely Allah is more deserving of your fear and awe, if you are true believers.
14. Fight them; (so that) Allah will punish them through your hands and will disgrace them, and give you victory over them and (thus) give healing to the people who believe.
15. He will remove the rage from their hearts... Allah accepts the repentance of whom He wills... Allah is the Aleem, the Hakim.